The most important guidelines.
- The key to making The Column look great is to try to introduce a little shape.
- Go for round necklines, soft fabrics and dramatic cuts for your upper body.
- Anything angular or bold draws the gaze to it's extreme edges, and this gives the illusion of shape.
- Avoid anything that just hangs straight down or is shapeless and has no detail.
- Remember to emphasize the waist.
There is really not much more advice to give the Column. Just emphasise the waist and avoid anything that just hangs shapelessly and you're done!
GOOD FOR YOUR SHAPE:
Angular single button jacket.
Belted three-quarter length coats with hip pockets.
Round-neck tops and sweaters.
Shaped and gathered shirts.
Fluted long sleeves.
Anything that emphasize your waistline.
Slightly flared pants.
Long, chunky necklace.
Big accessories to add shape.
Anything shapeless, particularly long coats and dresses.
Formless three-quarter length jackets.
Straight figures do it well!