With Hourglass ladies, its simply a case of realizing you have nothing to hide and to accentuate everything you have.
The most important guidelines.
- Classic lines and styles such as V neck knitwear and pencil skirts are your secret weapons.
- Elastic material shapes to your body. You don't want your clothing being too wide in the waist and too small elsewhere.
- Your big bosom and short waist can contribute to making your whole body look shorter and larger than it really is. So
make sure to wear clothes that "lift" your breasts, this will elongate you waist.
- Think 50′s glamour and dare to show your curves!
- Don't cover your body in bulky clothing. But if you do, make sure you know what you're doing. I know some Hourglass
ladies that rock that oversize look. Just never wear too loose-fitting clothes and never on more that one body part at a
time. Remember! The larger the curves, the more important to show your waist.
- Big decorations and excess fabric add volume, which you don't need.
- "The Body Shape Bible", says that pants are difficult for Hourglass women and they suggest drapery wide legged pants as
the best alternative. But I love a pair of high-waisted skinny jeans on that tiny waist and nicely rounded bottom. Just look
at Marilyn Monroe and Scarlett Johansson. Leave the straight-figured to rock that runway look, because your attributes
are equally desirable.
In my opinion, the only thing that's completely wrong for the Hourglass is to wear big and shapeless clothing, that covers your figure. The more you show of your fantastic body, the more flattering.
Just to clarify, by showing your figure I mean figure hugging. Showing too much skin can easily become vulgar because of your dramatic curves.
GOOD FOR YOUR SHAPE:
Scooped or V neck fitted t-shirts with shoulder detail.
Cardigans with plunging V necks.
Fitted dresses that elongates the waist.
Elastic shirts and blouses with an open neckline.
Double button jackets and blazers.
Cropped waist-length blazers and jackets.
Deep V, fitted waist, full skirt, pockets on hips coat.
Elastic high-waisted skinny jeans.
Curvy, cute shoes.
Baggy or batwing sleeves.
Blouses with bows or flounces.
Too big, bulky clothing.
Flap side pockets on trousers.
Flat, lace-up shoes.
Ankle strap, pointy shoes.
Chunky Cowboy boots.