Kate Winslet is a Vase, a body type quite similar to the classic Hourglass only it's stretched a little, making it one of the most elegant body shapes. Also, Vases don’t have as pronounced a waists and have less rounded bottoms than the Hourglass.
The Vase signature features are big boobs, gently curving longer waist, hips equal tits, slim thighs and legs. They can also have a little bit of chunky upper arms.
The most important guidelines.
- This is not the body type best suited for chasing the latest fashions because of the very feminine curves. Classic womanly clothes is the best look for a Vase.
- The large boobs should not be overplayed as this can overshadow the rest of the figure, concentrate instead on the daintier areas such as the lower arms or legs by wearing three quarter length sleeves or straight leg pants.
- In order to show off and accentuate your natural curves, use scooped and square necklines that are fitted under the boobs, supportive figure hugging dresses, and puffy sleeves.
- Make sure to emphasize the waistline with jackets and tops that are fitted around the middle part.
- Ruffles around your neckline, poloneck jumpers, princess collars and sleeveless round-neck tops are your worst looks.
The Vase is the body shape many women would love to be, and the figure is at its best wearing "The classic Hollywood glamour" type of cuts and shapes. Do yourself a favor and keep the waist tight and embrace those feminine curves.
Other Vase ladies: Whitney Thompson (Winner of Americas next top model Cycle 10), Geena Davis and Mariah Carey.
(The 12 body shapes and rules are mostly borrowed from Trinny and Susannah's Body Shape Bible. I have made some alterations. Photos in this post are borrowed from Google. Unknown source.)
ETHICAL AND PERSONALIZED STYLE, FOR A "GOOD FOR YOU" WARDROBE.
Idealist style is a website and "slow blog" dedicated to ethical fashion and personalized style, including tips on how to find your very own "slow fashion" style by using color analysis, the body types system, and other slow fashion tips.»