Naomi Campbell, known for her amazing body, and the most famous Cornet of them all.
Cornet's are the typical 90's supermodel body shape, also known as "the athletic figure", or "tom boy body".
The shape resemble an upside down triangle, where the shoulders are borad, boobs are usually small, straight waist, slim hips and long, slender legs.
Many Cornets struggle with looking masculin because of their borad shoulders and narrow hips, and there are many rules and guidelines to help you dress, to flatter, or change the appearance of your figure. But in my personal opinion it shouldn't be about hiding and changing. It should be about highlighting your best features. Yes, you might look more like an hourglass with the right dress, but it's better to make the best of what you got. After all you have the super model figure.
The most important guidelines.
- Stay away from anything that will increase your shoulder width.
- Three-quarter sleeves or oversized arms will make you look masculin.
- The wide diamond-shaped neckline is great for reducing the broadness of your shoulders.
- Break up your shape with bold patterns and unusual cuts, such as cropped pants and asymmetric lines. Think about creating angles.
- Clothes that can be wrapped and draped around your angular body are especially forgiving.
- Cornets have lovely legs, and skinny jeans were made for you. In fact they're better on you than any other shape. Be careful when wearing any other styles, too wide and you can lose your dramatic lines.
- Your slim shapely legs need a slim, shapely heel. Chunky platforms are overwhelming on you.
Not all Cornet's are as well balanced as Naomi and her colleagues. Some are even more exaggerated, some have shorter legs, and some have a muffin top. For these individuals the rules are even more important.
You are an extreme shape and trying to disguise that will only make you look gawky and gangly, so flaunt what you've got. This might not always agree with your taste in clothes. But don't worry, there are ways to make some of the more difficult styles work for you. For example, if your body type says you can't wear shoulder pads, it is possible to balance out your shoulder width, with the help of a flared skirt and so on. The trick is to find pieces that show of your lovely legs, creates a waist, and widens your hips. NB! This is just for people with a good understanding of shape and an eye for details.
Not all trends are for everyone. Just keep in mind that you can get away with stuff many only dream about.
Have fun with what you wear, and experiment.
Other Cornets: Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner and Amanda Seyfried.
(The 12 body shapes and rules are mostly borrowed from Trinny and Susannah's Body Shape Bible. I have made some alterations. Photos in this post are borrowed from Google. Unknown source.)
Enjoy your supermodel figure.
ETHICAL AND PERSONALIZED STYLE, FOR A "GOOD FOR YOU" WARDROBE.
Idealist style is a website and "slow blog" dedicated to ethical fashion and personalized style, including tips on how to find your very own "slow fashion" style by using color analysis, the body types system, and other slow fashion tips.»