Gwyneth Paltrow is a perfect example of the body shape, The Column. The figure is straight and slender, which means the shoulder width is the same as the hip width. They have a slight waist, longer legs, and they don’t have much of a bust, tummy or bottom. The Column figure can at times appear shapeless, too thin and child-like, but they have a very good body shape and it's easy to dress to impress.
The most important guidelines.
- The key to making The Column look great is to try to introduce a little shape.
- Go for round necklines, soft fabrics and dramatic cuts for your upper body.
- Anything angular or bold draws the gaze to it's extreme edges, and this gives the illusion of shape.
- Avoid anything that just hangs straight down or is shapeless and has no detail.
- Remember to emphasize the waist.
There is really not much more advice to give the Column. Just emphasise the waist and avoid anything that just hangs shapelessly and you're done!
Other Columns: NiIcole Kidman and Jane Fonda.
(The 12 body shapes and rules are mostly borrowed from Trinny and Susannah's Body Shape Bible. I have made some alterations. Photos in this post are borrowed from Google. Unknown source.)
Straight figures do it well!
ETHICAL AND PERSONALIZED STYLE, FOR A "GOOD FOR YOU" WARDROBE.
Idealist style is a website and "slow blog" dedicated to ethical fashion and personalized style, including tips on how to find your very own "slow fashion" style by using color analysis, the body types system, and other slow fashion tips.»