Hillary Clinton is one of the very few Bell's I have seen out there. The typical Bell has small shoulders, small boobs, small and short waist, big thighs and a large bottom. It's hard for Bell's to find dresses that fit right because of the big difference between top and bottom, and their short waist will make a lot of tops to long for them. This is the body shape wich needs to invest in quality clothing that has the right fit instead of buying lots of different "doesn't really fit right" clothing.
For Bell's it is all about showing how feminine they are and creating a sense of balance to their figure.
The most important guidelines.
- Bell's need to balance the top and bottom half rather than simply cover everything up. The easiest way to do this is to make your top half more prominent with detail and color, and expanding it with the help of layers and shoulders enhancing cuts. Dress more plainly on the bottom half.
- Narrow necklines and princess collars are more flattering for your shape because it widens your shoulder line.
- Fussy necklines, colorful scarves, and elaborate necklaces helps focusing the attention to the right spot.
- A-line skirts, Kick pleat skirts and correctly fitted flowing wide-leg pants smooth and balance your figure.
- And again, don't cover yourself up, wide tops and big sleeves can make you look frumpy and bigger that you are. Bell's often have good arms and waist and should show them off.
- The worst mistake you can make is wearing cut on the bias chiffon dresses, or a wide V neck dress with elaborate decoration on the bottom half, paired up with a pair of stilettos.
In short, the key is to draw attention to the feminine small shoulders and neck, and love your fabulous bottom. Don't forget to show your curves, for they are after all very womanly.
Other Bell's: Adele and Mindy Kaling are also awesome Bell-specimen.
Since the Bell is a tough thing to find pictures of, I decided to add a few Yes and No examples of Adele as well.
I discovered the gorgeous Mindy Kaling after I made this post, but I needed to add her to the list since she is such great fashion Icon for the type. Mindy Kaling's outfits are not a yes and no section, just a addition for the type showing that a Bell figure can rock figure hugging shapes too.
(The 12 body shapes and rules are mostly borrowed from Trinny and Susannah's Body Shape Bible. I have made some alterations. Photos in this post are borrowed from Google. Unknown source.)
ETHICAL AND PERSONALIZED STYLE, FOR A "GOOD FOR YOU" WARDROBE.
Idealist style is a website and "slow blog" dedicated to ethical fashion and personalized style, including tips on how to find your very own "slow fashion" style by using color analysis, the body types system, and other slow fashion tips.»