The apple might be the body type with the most negative attention and tend to simply cover themselves, to disguise what they see as a difficult shape. But they've got wonderful assets many flat chested ladies would die for and these should form the focus of your look.
Rebel Wilson is an Apple and she is gorgeous, so no need to feel like you can't dress to impress.
The most important guidelines.
- Invest in a good bra to make the most of your bust line.
- Tops with gathered fabric around the stomach that are tight under the breasts, or side fastening tunics, blouses and shirts, as well as belts in the waist flatters your figure. Remember to emphasize the bust line.
- Side fastening pleated skirts that starts below the tummy or flat-fronted trousers with wide legs that don't cling to your bum or thighs, smooth and balance your figure.
- Always wear slightly longer tops or dresses over your skinny jeans, to balance your figure.
- Avoid anything that adds bulk, like padded jackets, large, square, sloughy or not properly fitted tops and pleated waistlines.
- In genetal, just stay away from very tight fitting clothes and instead go for flowing fabrics that hang flattering from your bosom. NB! This isn’t code for "please buy the biggest kaftan in the shop and hide in it". Flowing garments are flattering, shapeless tents are simply too big and doesn't do the Apple justice.
The goal with these "The Body Type" posts is for people to stop hiding their figure, and rather embrace what's natural for each individual. Be the best version of yourself!
GOOD FOR YOUR SHAPE:
Tops with gathered fabric around the stomach that emphasize the bust line.
Tops that are tight under the breasts. Empire-lineish.
Ruched on the middle t-shirt.
Side fastening tunics, blouses and shirts.
Side fastening pleated skirt, starting below the tummy.
Flat-fronted trousers with wide legs, that don't cling to your bum or thighs.
V-neck waist-fitted jacket.
Straight-cut coats (Duster coats).
Belts in the waist.
Small shaped wedge, shoes.
Higher shaped wedge, heels.
Tight T shirts, particularly large square or shapeless ones.
Sloughy or not properly fitted tops.
High wasted pants.
Anything that adds bulk to you (padded jackets. etc).
The more of you, the more to love.