Roundness is the defining feature of the Apple body shape. They have average breast, the tummy is bigger than the breast, quite flat bum and ok legs. They have the kind of body that people love to cuddle.
The apple might be the body type with the most negative attention and tend to simply cover themselves, to disguise what they see as a difficult shape. But they've got wonderful assets many flat chested ladies would die for and these should form the focus of your look.
Rebel Wilson is an Apple and she is gorgeous, so no need to feel like you can't dress to impress.
The most important guidelines.
- Invest in a good bra to make the most of your bust line.
- Tops with gathered fabric around the stomach that are tight under the breasts, or side fastening tunics, blouses and shirts, as well as belts in the waist flatters your figure. Remember to emphasize the bust line.
- Side fastening pleated skirts that starts below the tummy or flat-fronted trousers with wide legs that don't cling to your bum or thighs, smooth and balance your figure.
- Always wear slightly longer tops or dresses over your skinny jeans, to balance your figure.
- Avoid anything that adds bulk, like padded jackets, large, square, sloughy or not properly fitted tops and pleated waistlines.
- In genetal, just stay away from very tight fitting clothes and instead go for flowing fabrics that hang flattering from your bosom. NB! This isn’t code for "please buy the biggest kaftan in the shop and hide in it". Flowing garments are flattering, shapeless tents are simply too big and doesn't do the Apple justice.
The goal with these "The Body Type" posts is for people to stop hiding their figure, and rather embrace what's natural for each individual. Be the best version of yourself!
Other Apples: Beth Ditto and Kathy Bates (I just love those ladies).
(The 12 body shapes and rules are mostly borrowed from Trinny and Susannah's Body Shape Bible. I have made some alterations. Photos in this post are borrowed from Google. Unknown source.)
The more of you, the more to love.
ETHICAL AND PERSONALIZED STYLE, FOR A "GOOD FOR YOU" WARDROBE.
Idealist style is a website and "slow blog" dedicated to ethical fashion and personalized style, including tips on how to find your very own "slow fashion" style by using color analysis, the body types system, and other slow fashion tips.»